An Almond Shrub starts with rum, orange juice, lemons, sugar, milk and almond extract.
1 qt rum 1 glass orange juice rind of 1 lemons Half lb sugar 1 glass milk 5 – 10 drops almond extract
Put into gallon or half-gallon jar the spirits, thin lemon peel, orange juice, and sugar. Now take the essence of bitter almonds (you can use any amount you please) and add it to the glass of milk. Mix thoroughly and pour into the jar. Cover, put in a warm place (65-70 degrees fahrenheit), and keep it there until the milk has curdled.
This takes from one to three hours. Then filter through filter paper and bottle.
Combine equal parts of Absolut Citron vodka and sweet and sour mix over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well; add juice of one lemon slice and grenadine, then strain into a large shot glass or small old-fashioned glass. Sprinkle sugar around the rim of the shot glass, and serve.
A Medd starts with honey, water, lemons, cloves, sugar, ginger, yeast and bread.
2.3 liters honey 9 liters water 4 lemons 30 g cloves 900 g sugar 1 piece scoured ginger 60 g yeast 1 piece bread
1. Spread the yeast on a piece of bread.
2. Boil the water, honey and sugar. Stand in an earthenware pot. Skim off any scum. Add lemon juice, cloves and ginger. Leave to cool. When just warm, float the bread and yeast on the top. Cover with a clean cloth. Leave for about 6-8 days.
3. Strain and bottle. Corks should be loose to start with. Leave for at least 5-6 months.
A Machu Picchu starts with pisco brandy, mint liqueur, orange juice and grenadine syrup.
2 ounce pisco brandy Half ounce mint liqueur 6 ounce orange juice 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
1. Fill a 12-oz highball glass half way up with orange juice. Pour some grenadine syrup carefully… it should go straight to the bottom, not mixing with the orange juice.
2. Gently place two ice cubes on the highball glass and then, in a mixing glass, mix the pisco with a mint liqueur. Pour the pisco/mint mixture very slowly over the ice cubes, so that it floats without mixing with the orange and/or grenadine.
3. You should get a beautifull red-orange-green cocktail. When serving, instruct your guests to drink it from a straw, pulling it up as they drink, in order to get the three different flavours.
(per 8.7 ounce serving)
Calories (kcal) Energy (kj) Fats Carbohydrates Protein
Leave the rainbow sorbet in a fridge for a few hours to allow to melt and add to a 5-gallon sports cooler container (the kind that stand up and have a spout on the bottom). Add all other ingredients. Shake it up good before serving to a healthy amount of party guests.